Lechlade Medical Centre
Oak Street, Lechlade, GL7 3RY
Current time is 14:18 - We're open
Telephone: 01367 email@example.com
Along with other practices, we have been asked to invite the following patient groups for clinics on 8th and 9th April.
- Age 75 plus for a 2nd booster a minimum of 91 days after their 1st booster
- Immunosuppressed and at risk as per the Green Book Chapter 14a for a 4th dose, 6 months after their 3rd dose
- Any others patients who still have not received their doses as eligible (see attached)
At the moment there is limited availability, so we will be contacting patients on the above lists, who don’t make this weekend, as soon as we can. In the meantime, if you would like, feel free to call 119 and use the local booking service.
Your right to opt out of data sharing and processing
The NHS Constitution states ‘You have a right to request that your personal and confidential information is not used beyond your own care and treatment and to have your objections considered’. For further information please visit: The NHS Constitution
Type 1 Opt Out
This is an objection that prevents an individual’s personal confidential information from being shared outside of their general practice except when it is being used for the purposes of direct care, or in particular circumstances required by law, such as a public health emergency like an outbreak of a pandemic disease. If you wish to apply a Type 1 Opt Out to their record they should make their wishes know to the practice manager.
National data opt-out
The national data opt-out was introduced on 25 May 2018, enabling patients to opt-out from the use of their data for research or planning purposes, in line with the recommendations of the National Data Guardian in her Review of Data Security, Consent and Opt-Outs.
By 2020 all health and care organisations are required to apply national data opt-outs where confidential patient information is used for research and planning purposes. NHS Digital has been applying national data opt-outs since 25 May 2018. Public Health England has been applying national data opt-outs since September 2018.
The national data opt-out replaces the previous ‘type 2’ opt-out, which required NHS Digital not to share a patient’s confidential patient information for purposes beyond their individual care. Any patient that had a type 2 opt-out recorded on or before 11 October 2018 has had it automatically converted to a national data opt-out. Those aged 13 or over were sent a letter giving them more information and a leaflet explaining the national data opt-out. For more information go to National data opt out programme
To find out more or to register your choice to opt out, please visit www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters.
On this web page you will:
- See what is meant by confidential patient information
- Find examples of when confidential patient information is used for individual care and examples of when it is used for purposes beyond individual care
- Find out more about the benefits of sharing data
- Understand more about who uses the data
- Find out how your data is protected
- Be able to access the system to view, set or change your opt-out setting
- Find the contact telephone number if you want to know any more or to set/change your opt-out by phone
- See the situations where the opt-out will not apply
Welcome to Lechlade Medical Centre
We hope you find this website useful and informative. It is full of useful information and contains details of the various services that we offer including how to contact us day & night and links to other healthcare providers.
Please see our ‘working with us’ page for new exciting working opportunities within the Upper Thames Medical Group
LATERAL FLOW TESTING
Please note that when booking appointments, Practice staff including GP’s and receptionists will ask you to do a lateral flow […]